One of the top multiplayer mobile games is coming to town with some of the top exponents from Southeast Asia coming together over two days to battle for ultimate glory.
As part of the SG:Digital Wonderland 2019, the inaugural Clash of Champions tournament will witness six of the region’s best ML:BB crews, from Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and the Philippines in action at Suntec City on 18 and 19 May.
Tournament organisers Reddentes Sports have worked closely with game developer Shanghai Moonton Technology to set the stage for this event.
With a good prize purse sponsored by our event app partner – Infinitus, this will also be a prelude to watch Singapore’s likely ML:BB team for the Southeast Asian Games later this year.
The Southeast Asia (SEA) Clash of Champions event is an esports event that aims to achieve the following objectives:
- In collaboration with IMDA where they are hosting their Digital Wonderland event, to have a esports segment to reach out to the community through the public who will be visiting the event. The expected crowd is around 14,000 people across 2 days.
- In conjunction with the event, to collaborate with SCOGA (Singapore’s Cybersports and Online Gaming Association) and National Youth Council (NYC) to host panel sessions with topics close to the heart of the public and specifically parents to change the perception of esports and how our Youth consume esports. Topics include, Using Sports Science to Improve Esports Performance, Career Opportunities in Esports and Youth in esports. To this end, we would like to explore if Singapore Pools or any of its partners would be interested to be part of the panel on “Youth in Esports”. This panel could cover responsible gaming and prevention.
- To attract the e-gaming crowd, we, with the blessings of the newly formed National Sporting Association (NSA) the Singapore Esports Association (SGEA), we will be hosting an invitational Mobile Legends event that brings top ASEAN teams to Singapore to fight it out to see who will be the champion of ASEAN. Winners from respective countries’ leagues/competitions from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, coupled with top teams from Philippines and Myanmar will congregate in Singapore to compete for the top prize. This event will be a precursor to the SEA Games that will take place in Philippines in December 2019 where Mobile Legends will be one of the games on offer as a medal sport.
- To increase visibility, we are finalising a deal with Toggle on Mediacorp for them to be the 1st Free-to-Air broadcaster to broadcast an esports event on their OTT platform. In addition, we will be broadcasting this event across Southeast Asia via EGG network and specific country broadcasters in the region.
- Infinitus being COC Prize Money Sponsor, is also the Official Event App Partner. The INF app will be “Live” streaming the tournament on their App and will also be encouraging the public to download it where they are able to engage the MLBB community by supporting their favourite team.
Infinitus and Esports
Day 1 – 18th May 2019
11.30am – Teams Introduction
11.15am – Group A Game 1
12.00pm – Group B Game 1
12.45pm – Group A Game 2
1.30pm – Topic: Using Sports Science to Improve Esports Performance
2.15pm – Group B Game 2
3.00pm – Group A Game 3
3.45pm – Group B Game 3
4.30pm – Topic: Career Opportunities in Esports
5:15pm – Celebrity Challenge
6.00pm – Family Challenge
6.45pm – 3rd Ranked Group A vs 3rd Ranked Group B
7.30pm – Family Challenge
8.00pm – End of Day 1
Day 2 – 19th May 2019
11.30am – Semi-Finals Game 1 (BO3)
11.45am – Semi-Finals Game 2 (BO3)
12.30pm – Semi-Finals Game 3* (BO3) / Family Challenge
1.15pm – Event Intermission
1.30pm – Semi-Finals Game 1 (BO3)
2.15pm – Semi-Finals Game 2 (BO3)
3.00pm – Semi-Finals Game 3* (BO3) / Family Challenge
3.45pm – Topic: Youth in Esports
4.30pm – Event Intermission
5:00pm – Player introduction for Finals
5.15pm – Finals Game 1 (BO3)
6.00pm – Finals Game 2 (BO3)
6.45pm – Finals Game 3* (BO3)
7.30pm – Prize Presentation
7.45pm – End of Day 2
Clash of Champions - Support Your Fav Team Lucky Draw!
As part of Infinitus’ efforts to promote Esports as a professional athletic sport, we have a “Support your Favourite Team Lucky Draw” for the COC event.
A total of 6000 MLBB Diamonds will be given out to 18 lucky supporters!
1 Lucky Supporter from each team will be selected to win COC Supporter Prizes – 600 MLBB Diamonds and 1 signed Team Jersey.
All you need to do is use a minimum of 1 INF Credit to support your favorite team! Every 1 INF credit gives you 1 chance to win the lucky draw!
Infinitus aims to build a community driven esports platform where gamers, supporters and spectators can come together and enjoy the games.